Here are my tips for using powerpoint in a effective way for your presentations:
- Keep your slides simple. There is no need to use different fonts and animations.
- Have only 4-5 points to a slide as a maximum.
- Use a plain white background with black text.
- Use only relevant images that evoke emotion, which allows you to land your points home.
- Use images that are clean and sleek on a white background.
- Use a font size that is a 32 pt or more.
- Test your slideshow thoroughly before your presentation at the venue to ensure the colours can be see and audio can be heard at the back of the room, and that everything works as you intended on the equipment there.