- Every seven minutes you need to elicit a state change in your audience
- It can be with a MASSAGE, a HIGH FIVE or a turn to your neighbour to say something complimentary and fun
- In order to know when to do this you can have a reminder on your autocue or just watch your audience’s faces for that glazed look.
- People can only absorb content for so long before they need a shift in state and since you are ‘leading your audience’ it is your job to
‘lead their state’ – otherwise they’ll do it themselves!
- Use state changes to keep your audience alert, focussed, and receptive to your content.