Finding good training venues that don’t cost you an arm and a leg can be tough; but with a little focus and clarity about what you’re after you should be able to find a good one and keep the cost low.
Some Tips to Remember When Finding Good Training Venues
1. Get Clear on the Outcome of Your Training. The clearer you are on what impression you want to make at your training, the number of people who are coming, and the ideal location, the easier your search will be.
2. Think about the Location of Your Training Venue. Think about things like:
- Who are your target market?
- How mobile are they?
- Are they driving or catching public transport?
- What impression do you need to give?
If a lot of people are flying in, it is a good idea to have your training venue at or near an airport.
3. Think About What Your Training Venue Says About Your Company. Every part of the training experience, right down to how easy it is to find parking says something about you and the brand of your company. Be aware of this when making your selection.
4. Think About Your Budget For Your Training Venue. Be realistic about the cost of training but always be ready to negotiate. It is not uncommon to be able to get a venue down to 75% of an original quote if you negotiate well.
Remember to cast your net wide when looking for venues that suit your training requirements, and give yourself plenty of time. Don’t be afraid to play venues off against one another for your custom!