Terms & Conditions Of Attendance At
Shift Speaker Training Events
Please read this document carefully and let a Shift Enterprises representative know if you have any questions.
Wherever “Shift Enterprises” is referred to in this document it refers to Shift Enterprises Pty Ltd ABN 95 109 830 506 In Australia, and Shift Europe Ltd Reg No: 06998433 in the UK, its directors, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors and assigns. This seminar is conducted by Shift Enterprises.
The words “you”, “your” and “the attendee” refer to you, the person attending this seminar, your successors and assigns. You must sign your acknowledgement of having read and agreed to these terms of agreement before you can attend the seminar.
- Voluntary attendance - You acknowledge that your attendance in this seminar is of your own free will and you accept complete responsibility for your well being at all times. You understand that this seminar includes loud music at times and, if that should cause you any distress, you will leave the room immediately. You further acknowledge that you are a healthy individual who is physically & psychologically fit to attend this seminar.
- Conference disruptions - Shift Enterprises reserves the right to make changes to the advertised program for the seminar.
- Directions – You agree that you will comply with all reasonable directions and instructions of Shift Enterprises at all times before, during and after the seminar including wearing my given name badge for the duration of the seminar. If for any reason a representative of Shift Enterprises asks you to leave the seminar you will do so immediately without question or discussion.
- No advice – You specifically accept that this seminar is an educational experience. The information contained and presented in this seminar is designed to be useful in creating rapid and lasting change to your sales and presentation performances. You understand that all advice is general in nature only and does not take into consideration your individual circumstances, goals and outcomes. The information provided in this seminar has been compiled for convenience, including reference to other third party programs, websites, or information. Shift Enterprises is not responsible for and does not endorse or approve any third party products or services offered or referred to during the seminar.
- Recording - The seminar may be recorded. You give your irrevocable approval to have your likeness, voice, materials and attendance at the seminar recorded in various audio and visual media for future use in commercial, instructional and promotional activities without fee. You irrevocably grant to Shift Enterprises all rights, title and interest you may otherwise have in any product resulting from such recording. You also understand that you may not bring any recording device, including laptops, into the room without prior consent from the organisers. You may record hand written notes for your own personal use.
- Non-Circumvention – Shift Enterprises has invested considerable time and effort into developing this seminar and owns the intellectual property rights in, or has permission to use the intellectual property in all information and materials provided to you as part of the seminar. You understand that the seminar information and materials are protected by international trademark and copyright laws and may not be used without obtaining prior written permission of the appropriate parties. In consideration for attendance at the seminar you agree not to either directly or indirectly circumvent Shift Enterprises in regard to any potential commercial exploitation relating to the seminar. This does not stop you from applying what you learn, you simply agree not to ‘pinch’ our ideas and run with them as if they were your own without our consent or involvement.
- No guarantee - The ideas, opinions and experiences presented at the seminar by third party presenter are those of the third party presenters and not those of Shift Enterprises. All statements are made relying on sources believed to be reliable, however Shift Enterprises has not done any investigations. None of Shift Enterprises, its representatives nor any speaker or attendee at the seminar makes any claims, promises, or guarantees about the use, the matter, accuracy, completeness, adequacy, suitability or reliability of the information or products presented at the seminar.
You acknowledge there is no guarantee that you will earn any money as a result of attending this seminar. No promises or representations of future income are made. Any earnings referred to are atypical and individual results will vary. You agree that any steps taken during and after the seminar in applying the information, materials or products received at the seminar are entirely of your own choice and not the responsibility of any person or party at the seminar.
- Liability exclusion - Subject only to any warranties implied by consumer protection laws or other legislation which cannot be excluded, Shift Enterprises does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss suffered by you directly or indirectly in relation to your attending the seminar or any information communicated to you during or after the seminar. To the extent such liability cannot be excluded, it will be limited in aggregate to a full refund of the seminar fee paid by you.
- Release - You agree to release and hold harmless Shift Enterprises from any claim arising out of your voluntary attendance in the seminar, including any claim for physical and/or mental injury to yourself, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
- Legal effect - This document is legally binding and supersedes and overrides any beliefs, hearsay or conclusions you may have about the seminar.
I have carefully read and fully understand this document. I agree that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.